Monday, February 26, 2007

non-smoking

Yesterday just as i was about to fall a sleep, i got clear awake...after taking care of that annoying itch on my left pinkie toe...i said to myself..tomorrow, tomorrow will be the day when you try to quiet smoking...i heard a silent fanfar and fell asleep...so when i woke up this morning i did my usual morning routine, cold water on my face, coffee and a cigarette..just as i was about to lit that lovely stick of loveliness i remembered..wait a minute..wasn't i suppose to do something today..well..i smoked the cigarette anyway, thinking that maybe this will be my last one for a while.. tried to get all dramatic about it, pushing hard for those tears, but it didn't happen, it was clear that my mind didn't believe a shit of my vision last night...but i went downtown without taking any cigarettes with me..and i must say it went fine, for a while...around two a clock i forced one of those nasty chewing gums in my mouth...and around four a clock i had forgotten that the chewing gum was nasty and took another one...at six a clock i was ready to call it a day, my eyes actually got all teary and i ran home, like a horse going wild, i galloped all the way...
But I'm happy with this big step today, so far only 2 cigarettes..i think that calls for a celebration..I'm gonna make every day a joyride from now on..but..yes there is a but..if i smoke more than five cigarettes, the celebration is cancelled and i will have to punish myself with long hours of winter sports on television.

1 comment:

Fjalsi said...

carry on girl - you can do it